Recipes We Love: Vegan Nectarine Ice Cream
It wouldn’t be summer without ice cream! Cool off with this vegan ice cream recipe that combines the sweet taste of ripe nectarines with the aromatic spice of cardamom.
2 yellow nectarines
1 tbsp maple syrup (more if you like it sweeter)
1 can light coconut milk
1 tbsp vanilla
dash of sea salt
Dash of lemon
Dash of cardamom
- Combine nectarines, maple syrup, and lemon in a pot. Cook just enough to make the mixture soft and bubbly. Put mixture in the freezer to cool – don’t let it freeze!
- Put coconut milk, vanilla, salt, and cardamom in the blender and blend lightly.
- Add in nectarine mixture from the freezer and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Put entire mixture back in the freezer to cool in a covered mixing bowl.
- Pour into pre-chilled ice cream maker and mix according to your ice cream maker’s directions. You could also pour into a freezer-safe container, cover and freeze, stirring every couple hours to aerate.
- Once the ice cream is at soft-serve consistency, cover and freeze until firm. You can eat immediately if you prefer soft ice cream.