Recipe for a Clean Lifestyle
As a culinary nutritionist, personal chef and professional recipe developer, I am constantly cleaning the kitchen. And while I have used baking soda and hydrogen peroxide to naturally clean, it is so much easier to use the natural cleaners from Seventh Generation to scrub the counters and clean the dishes. And these plant-based cleaners are easier to find than you think -- no need to make a special trip to a health food store as they can be found in most grocery stores.
Living a clean lifestyle is easier than you think. With highly accessible “clean” personal and home care products from Seventh Generation at your fingertips, and a transition to more fruits and veggies, like those in the recipe below, your body and your home will be feel great and look good!
Asparagus Raspberry Black Rice Salad
Gluten-Free and Vegan
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked black rice
- 1 pint organic raspberries
- 1 bunch of fresh asparagus, ends removed
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon zest
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. shredded coconut
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 2 Tsp. extra virgin olive oil
1. Cook black rice according to package.
2. Rise raspberries; set aside. Cut asparagus into 1/2 inch pieces. In a large bowl, combine cooked rice, asparagus, lemon zest, scallions, coconut, sea salt and pepper; gently toss to combine. Place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
3. Remove from fridge; fold in fresh raspberries; gently toss to combine. Drizzle with olive oil.
4. Serve chilled.
Manhattan-based Personal Chef, Culinary Nutritionist, Professional Recipe Developer, Food Photographer and Writer Amie Valpone HHC, AADP specializes in simple, gluten-free and dairy-free "clean" recipes for the home cook. She is also Editor-in-Chief of www.TheHealthyApple.com where she shares her story of how "cleaning up" her food and her home helped her heal herself after six years of chronic pain.